Mornings are hectic for all of us. (Unless you’re one of those lucky up-at-5-am-and-running-people.
1) Plan out your outfits. On Sundays, plan out your outfits for the week. Seems silly, but shaves more than 10 minutes each morning choosing and re-choosing a suitable outfit for work. If you exercise in the mornings, set out your workout clothes and shoes as well!
2) Layout breakfast essentials. If eating breakfast in the mornings is difficult for you, make it easier by setting out a bowl, spoon and cereal. Or at least set out your reusable water bottle or coffee travel mug to be filled in the morning, banana and granola bar. It wouldn’t hurt to pack an afternoon snack for that 2:30 p.m. felling!
3) Have your bag and/or purse packed and by the door. And don’t forget your keys and wallet! Save time in the mornings searching for your keys, wallet and any work essentials that you typically take 10 minutes gathering and packing up in the morning.
4) Each night charge your phone, laptop and any other electronics. Save the time of having to charge your phone during the day, and charge electronics overnight!
5) Now, prep everyone else. If you have a dog or cat, make sure their food and water is filled first thing in the morning when you wake up, so that you don’t have to do it while rushing out the door. If you have children, pack their bags or backpacks the night before with signed papers and homework, and their lunch (excluding items that need refrigerated). Put out a reusable water bottle or coffee travel mug, and breakfast items, for your spouse too! Everyone will have a smooth and happy morning, all thanks to you!