So you have a property that you’re trying to rent. How do you get the word out so that people find your property? There are several ways to advertise property for rent, but here are some of the best ways that we have found!
1. Tell everyone. It doesn’t matter whether it’s your family, friends, co-workers or acquaintance, tell everyone you know about your rental property! They may know someone looking to rent, and the best tenants often come from referrals of people you trust. If nothing else, they may overhear someone that is looking for a rental like yours.
2. Advertise online. If you haven’t been online within the past 2 hours (which is impossible because you are reading this), then you are a rare person. People often spend their entire day online, especially when they are searching for something specific. If you are a “mom and pop” company with a couple of rentals, you probably can’t afford to have your own website. However, there are several rental property directories to list through, such as apartmentfinder.com, rent.com and zillow.com. While these sites cost money, you can also use Craigslist, Facebook and other social media sites for free to advertise your property.
3. Put up a yard sign. Many times, people will go explore certain areas of town that they wish to rent in. If you don’t have a yard sign put up, you’re going to miss out on those “drive by’s”.
4. Newspapers. Although newspapers aren’t as popular now days, an ad in the classifieds may work if directed at the correct audience.
5. Hire a property manager. Yes, we couldn’t write a blog post without giving a plug for hiring us. But, it is a well known fact that property management companies have several avenues of advertising that aren’t available to the general public. This typically leads to the property being rented faster than if an individual were to list it themselves.
If you would like more tips on getting your property rented, give us a call at 785-320-7977.